Friday, September 12, 2008

Materials,

Materials that keep our mind busy

with over-flowing closests and storage

going out-of-style and rotting piles

polluting our bodies, unclean

drawing us closer to the mall

and further away from reality.



Reality,

Reality TV

reality obscene

reality to a world of beings

that show off and show on



Show me the path

watch out for my luggage, the load, the baggage

stowed

only to be shipped off

to Good Will.



Good will,

a good work and a good way

to a good God.

2 comments:

Thuy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thuy said...

I wanted to edit the comment so I deleted the first one. :)

Thanks for writing this poem. I love the part that says "watch out for my luggage, the load, the baggage".

I just commented back to you on my blog (Thank you for all the comments! I love them...now you have to go back to see how I responded to a couple of them!) One of the things I said was about giving one of my issues to God. It's a wonderful analogy in the poem - the idea of our stowing away the mess and the issues in our lives, as though He doesn't see and doesn't know already, and love us still. And you are so right that we take noise and stuff and we use them to fill our lives, or at least numb reality temporarily.

Reading that was a great way to end my Friday evening. :)